What is a boundary?
It is a space (physical and emotional) that you set between yourself and others.
A boundary tells you where you begin and the other person ends.
Why is it important?
We need good boundaries for emotional and physical health.
How do I know if I have boundary problems?
Boundary problems can look very different depending on the person but here are some examples of behaviors that may indicate you need a boundary tune-up.
- You can't say "no" even to things you don't want to do.
- You allow a particular person to behave in a way that you wouldn't allow others (e.g., yell at you, be late all of the time, interrupt your work)
- You find yourself sharing very personal details about your life with strangers.
- Your friendships with your students sometimes get in the way of you being an effective instructor or troupe leader.
- You truly feel that others are responsible for your happiness (or unhappiness.)
The good news is that with a few simple steps, you can create healthy boundaries that will positively impact your health, personal life and professional relationships.
Join me on a journey to "tune-up" your boundaries.
This class will have opportunities for discussion.
I have had 25 years of small business ownership and consulting experience that I will draw upon to help you reach your business goals.
I am the owner of the Belly Dance Business Academy (BDBA). In addition to running the BDBA, I am the Owner of Third Eye Tribal in MN, a Business Consultant for FatChanceBellyDance®, Producer of ATS® Homecoming and the Project Manager for The ATS® Magazine. I am deeply entrenched in the American Tribal Style® and broader belly dance community bringing connections and resources to my consulting relationship with you. I have written two books, produced an instructional DVD, lectured and taught dance extensively and run successful dance businesses in two states.
My professional experience prior to dance includes a Master of Theological Studies in Feminist Theology and nonprofit management including serving as the Executive Director of Rape Crisis, Domestic Violence and Women's Centers in TN, OH, NC and MN. My training and experience in counseling allows me to offer insightful and compassionate guidance to you on your journey.